- Excellent resistance to acids, alcohols, bases and mineral oils.
- Very tough and flexible but does not have good abrasion resistance.
- Working temperature is typically around 194F (90C).
- Exposure to sunlight can cause degradation.
- Does not absorb any water.
- Only ETO sterilizing is recommended for Polypropylene. This material will discolor and degrade in Gamma Radiation and Autoclaving will soften and distort, possibly changing the filtration capabilities of the material.
Sefar Part #1: 05-500/36Technical Information
Sefar Part #2: 3A05-0500-144-00
Mesh Opening: 500 micron
Open Area: 36 %
Thread Diameter: 340 micron
Weight (lbs): 0.33 lbs/yd^2
Weight (oz): 5.3 oz/yd^2
Weight (g): 180 g/m^2
Thickness: 610 micron
Width: 54 inch
Length: All mesh are sold in Yards.
Specific Gravity: 0.91 g/mm^3
Tensile Strength: 35-62 daN/mm^2
Stability to light: Poor
Abrasion resistance: Limited
Acid resistance: Good
Alkaline resistance: Good
Stability to solvents: Good
Hydrolysis resistance: Good